I had the honor to take part in the fifth year anniversary special for the show that was responsible for giving me a second chance at life. It airs today, December 19th. While I was prepped for a longer segment, I actually only had the chance to say a fraction of what I wanted to say. One of the questions asked how my life has changed since I first appeared on Dr. Oz. While I did answer the question on air, what I left out was, prior to the Oz Show, I was trapped and powerless in a disease that had reduced my life to a mere existence. And, today, I am blessed to be in a position to share my story with others that are in that very place I was four years ago. The gift that the Dr. Oz Show gave me was not just a new lease on life, but the opportunity, the responsibility and the purpose of being able to share the gift of hope – one of the greatest gifts we as human beings can give to one another.
Monthly Archives: December 2013
In just a few days I will have the honor of returning to the Dr Oz Show, my fourth appearance in the last four years. I feel blessed to be in a position to share my story with others, offer hope to those who struggle with an eating disorder, and to give back to the folks that were responsible for saving my life. The show will air sometime in late December, 2013. Stay tuned for updates of my next adventure in NY.
A very powerful episode on the pro anorexia movement. I was invited back for an intervention to help four women suffering from anorexia, air-date March 6 2012:
Welcome to a new series that I have created in partnership with Priscilla Jadallah MFT, “Behind the Mask: Eating Disorders Unveiled”. This is an online series exploring eating disorders and the recovery process from those who have lived it. Our goal is to spread awareness and inspire. Check out our Facebook page and keep an eye out for future episodes.
- Behind the Mask: Equine Therapy March 10, 2014
- Behind the Mask: Making Peace With Your Plate February 26th, 2014
- Behind the Mask – Exercise Bulimia: A Recovery Story January 15, 2014
- Behind the Mask: Treatment Centers December 13, 2013
- Behind the Mask: Binge Eating Disorder November 27, 2013
- Behind the Mask: Defining Eating Disorders November 15, 2013
- Behind the Mask: Families and Loved Ones November 5, 2013
- Behind the Mask: Eating Disorders Unveiled October 28, 2013